1) Get rid of drab, white walls, and paint them in warm shades of gold, deep reds, burnt orange, or even crème. White gives the impression of being sterile and appears outdated. Is your home painted in pastels? It's definitely time for a chance so it doesn't appear dated.
2) Big bathroom tubs that you don't use? It can be an issue, especially with tiny bathrooms. People prefer space for their living conditions, especially in the morning when they're in a hurry and the last thing they need is to be stuck in a jam – literally! Consider changing to a walk-in shower to avoid this inconvenience. It looks a lot better anyway!
3) Replace ceiling fans. If they have gold accents, ala 1980s, replace immediately!
4) Replace the traditional blinds and opt for curtains. They're far more attractive and allow a nice amount of natural sunlight in your home.
5) Remove carpets (especially shag carpets!) and replace with hardwood floors or tile floors. It's now more affordable than ever to install hardwood floors, plus engineered floors make it to where anybody can have them, despite the climate you live in. Use stylish rugs to accent your living space and add comfort.
6) Add steel appliances in the kitchen and laundry areas, including dishwashers, washers, dryers, refrigerators. Upgrade toilets and faucets.
7) Upgrade to granite countertops in kitchens and bathrooms. The same goes with bathroom cabinets and kitchen cabinets.
8) Upgrade your fireplace to make it safer and more attractive
9) Install custom cabinetry in your kitchen. Use of exotic and high quality woods with custom staining can go a long way in terms of molding your home into a beautiful living space.
10) Routinely pressure-wash your patio or pool deck to ensure there is no buildup of dirt and mildew.
11) Upgrade to clay tile roof for a classy finishing touch to your home
12) Change lighting fixtures. This includes adding edgy, modern ceiling lights – a quick, super-easy way to upgrade your home instantly.
13) Replace your front door with either glass or beautifully-sanded, crafted wood.
14) Replace overhead lighting in the dining area. Opt for minimal, modern lighting fixtures and remember “less is always more” in today's modern design schemes.
15) Consider retiling your front porch or walkway, especially if there is dirt filling in the cracks.
16) Consider retiling your shower, especially if there is mildew or mineral deposits collecting on the tubs.
17) Change shower heads to rust and mineral-resilient steel. Elaborate showerheads have become very popular. You don't need them in every bathroom, but the master bathroom certainly makes sense.