Garden is a very common term. According to the dictionary meaning, a garden is a piece of land next to one's house where one can grow flowers, fruits, vegetables and so, usually with an area of grass. However, gardens are both private and public. Whatever, garden tools are relevant to all types of gardens. They are used for day to day garden works like digging, piercing, weeding, cultivating and so on. They are of great utility to the gardening lovers. Let's know more about the contemporary garden tools.
Gardens have the characteristic of soothing your intellect and refreshing your mood. They make you feel close and connected with nature. Their importance cannot be disregarded. The flowers and plants present in the garden require regular maintenance and care, just like a growing child. In this context, gardening tools are of great importance. Unlike the traditional tools, those present today are much effective and durable in nature. Some of the most common types of horticulture tools in use nowadays are as mentioned under:
(1) Spade: Spade is a tool used for digging purpose. It is a robust tool, widely used in gardens. It has a wooden handle on one side and a digging iron blade on the other. The blade can be dug into the ground by applying force with the foot.
(2) Hoe: It is a tool with a handle attached to a flat blade. Hoe is mainly used for cultivating and weeding purposes. The blade of the hoe is so strong that it can be used on any surface of soil, irrespective of its hardness.
(3) Rake: This tool has a long handle and a series of protruding iron teeth on its head. It is primarily used for gathering the fallen leaves and making the soil smooth. It is a very basic and useful garden tool which must be present in ones shed.
(4) Shear: Shear resembles a big scissor. The functioning of this implement is also similar to that of a scissor, but its scope is much larger than a scissor. It is used for the purpose of trimming the hedges in a garden.
(5) Pruning Saw: As the name suggests, it is a saw used for cutting the unwanted stems of trees and so. It is equipped with a sharp and sturdy stainless steel blade. Its handle is designed to ensure a perfect grip.
The above tools are indispensable for maintaining any garden. All these equipments belong to the modern period and are ergonomically designed, to minimize the effort and maximize the output. These implements are the necessary possession for any person engaged in horticulture. The process of developing new and more efficient types of gardening tools is still active.