Christmas is a great time for getting together with family, decorating and enjoying the holiday season. Decorating your home (both inside and out) has become a popular family tradition and many households spend countless hours and unlimited amounts of money making their homes look great for the holidays.
If you're thinking of decorating your home this season but aren't quite sure what will look nice, you may want to check out our list of the top 5 most popular Christmas light colors of the season. The colors you choose will have the greatest impact on the overall look of your home, so make sure you choose carefully.
Here are the top 5 Christmas light colors this year:
1. Red. Obviously red is going to be a popular color at Christmas time. You can't go wrong by choosing red Christmas lights but you'll probably want to mix the red lights with another color. Too much red will make your house look too bright and too tacky. Adding one more color (preferably green or clear) will enhance the red lights and make your home look holiday ready in no time.
2. Green. Much like red Christmas lights, green Christmas lights have always been and will always be a popular choice for this season. Also similar to the red, green lights should be paired with a complimentary color so that your home doesn't look too overdone with green lights. Once again, pairing the green with red lights or clear lights will be the perfect touch for your holiday style.
3. Clear. Clear Christmas lights (or white lights as some prefer to call them) are a classic and simple way to make your home look seasonal and elegant. Clear lights look fantastic on their own but can also be paired with any other color (green, red, blue, gold, purple and multi-colored) to spice up the look.
4. Blue. Blue Christmas lights are quickly becoming one of the most popular decorative themes of the holiday season. While blue doesn't typically represent Christmas in any specific manner (like red or green), these lights are a great way to make your home look sophisticated and seasonal. Pair the blue lights with either clear or gold lights for an even more extravagant look that will knock your neighbour's socks off.
5. Gold. Gold is a traditional Christmas color that exudes elegance and sophistication. Gold Christmas lights are no different. If you want to give your home a classic, traditional Christmas feel without going over the top, gold lights are the perfect choice. If you think too much gold is tacky, we suggest pairing them with either blue, clear or red lights.
We hope our holiday tips have helped you through your decorating decisions. And remember, decorating your home lets your neighbours know that you and your family embrace the Christmas spirit. Hopefully your neighbours will spread a little holiday cheer of their own.