If you are looking to add value to your home, be it to make it more perfect your needs or because you have plans to sell it, then you don't want to invest money in a home remodeling project that has a low return on investment. However, determining what remodeling projects will bring the biggest bang for your buck might be a challenge – especially if you have a limited budget!
In recent years, there has been a resurgence of homeowners looking for ways to give their home's a new look – but not every upgrade has an ROI worth talking about. Here are some of the top home remodeling projects for garnering a high ROI.
· Landscaping – While not actually a home remodeling project of the building type, research has shown that yards where the lawn is well-maintained and logically laid out can make a huge difference in the curb appeal of your home and thus, how much you can boost your home's equity.
· New Roof – Want to get as much as a 105% ROI on a home remodeling project? Then talk to your local roofer about upgrading your home's roof. While a new roof may not be the sexiest home remodeling project, it is one with a high return!
· Hardwood Floors – These too bring a huge ROI – in fact it is nearly a 100% ROI – perhaps more should you decide to do the work yourself, or happen to discover that underneath those tired carpets you have gorgeous hardwoods just waiting to be refinished.
· Patio or Deck – Boost your living and entertaining space while increasing your home's value. Choose building materials known for longevity and get more value for your investment.
· Doors – From upgrading the front door to a safer more secure option such as a steel entry door to replacing old outdated garage doors for newer ones with better features and more insulation, upgrading the quality of your home's doors can have a significant uptick in the value of your home.
· Kitchen Remodel – A minor kitchen remodel, say new countertops or cabinetry, can improve your home's resale value by as much as 80%.
· Bathroom Remodels – This is a prime way to recoup a solid ROI. A home remodel that involves updating a bathroom with new fixtures, lighting and vanity, or perhaps adding anew bathroom to home's layout are a great way to improve your home's resale value and living space. It should be noted that you don't want to make huge changes, however, as those can sometimes have a negative affect or not have as high an ROI.
Remodeling one's home can be a fun project, whether you are doing to improve the resale value or simply to make your home more suited to your needs. If you have questions about improving your home's resale value, then now is the to talk to a local home remodeling team and get started on crafting a home design that works for needs and your budget.