What is life about? Working hard, earning and then spending on the things you have always yearned for? Yes, and guess what, Life is about partying too! No, you can not be happy working 9 AM to 6 PM, without having a plan for a party after 6 PM, because that can make your life boring and monotonous. Moreover, lacking the happiness in life, will eventually kill all the capabilities you have and bound your knowledge.
It is mandatory to meet people, react and interact with them. You will learn better this way, and you never know, you may get some better ideas popping from different minds. So, if you are already a socially-active being, then a bar cabinet is a must have in your home because you love to be with different people. Having a bar cabinet and having a well stocked and full-fledged bar cabinet are two different checkpoint levels. And if you only own a bar cabinet and do not know how to stow it, then reading the following tips might fetch you some help:
- Alcohol Collection: The soul of your bar cabinet will be the lavish collection of wines that you will keep on display. So, the most important step is to maintain a rich soul, i.e., fill the spirits that you love in the first place. If you spend a whole lot of money in buying the spirits that your guests might enjoy, ignoring the fact that you have never tried them, or you do not actually like them, then you are wasting your money. This is because the primary customer of your bar cabinet is you yourself, so choose your taste and let your guests love it too. This is also not advisable to keep all sorts of cocktail drinks, in fact, just try to keep the ones you love so that you can share your taste and recipes, adding to the conversational matter. Following are the types of spirits you can stock in your bar cabinet:
- Vodka: Despite being a perfect mixing beverage, vodka lacks color, odor, and taste. Different vodkas vary by the taste they have like, some are oily, and some are watery. It depends on your taste and requirement that whether you want a flavored or infused vodkas.
- Bourbon Whiskey: Super affordable and super classic category of alcohol is the bourbon whiskey. They are the most vintage-centric drink.
- Scotch Whiskey: This is the most prominent one, and a must have for your bar cabinet. If you are fond of holding a glass of wine and indulging in deep thoughts as a real man, then this is your spirit. Thank you!
- Tequila: The party fuel in the true sense is tequila, which is consumed in the form of tiny shots and taken straight up at a go! Tequila competitions are huge party chargers, also mixing flavors into the same can earn your appreciation too!
- Rum: They are used as party punches, so it is all your choice whether you want to go for dark rum or a light one.
- Add-ons: OK! Some people might like to have a beer or red wine. So, be considerate for them too.
- Mixers: If you have a talent of mixing and making cocktails, to serve to your guests, then there are more things that you will need, like Club soda, flavored juices and tonic water.
- Garnishes: These are like adding topping to the serving, to impress your guests. Garnishes with the drinks make a pizzazz serving. So, the must have garnishes are salt, pepper, sugar, ice, cocktail olives, cocktail onions, lemons, etc.
- Glasses: You have to have an exquisite collection of glass wares too because all you efforts are going to get carried in that. For tequila, you need small shot glasses, for scotch and brandy medium sized wide, round glasses would do, and when it comes to beer, big glass mugs are a must have. Shakers are imperative to complete a bar cabinet.
- Necessary accouterments: After you mix and shake your drinks, you need napkins to keep it all neat and organized. Toothpicks and ice holder and ice bucket are also important along with the mixing spoons.
If you bar cabinet has all these things, then no one can call it unequipped. If you are just a beginner, do not worry, buy some recipe guides and practice them. Having a great collection of spirits and talent of mixing a variety of cocktails, then you are good to go. All you need is to throw a party and play some cocktail music!