Choosing a sofa can be fraught with difficulties, and can lead to many arguments. We can't always agree on colours or styles, but we share one common belief, and that's that the sofa should be the prize possession in your home. That's why so many families decide to buy a chesterfield sofa. Chesterfield sofas aren't just iconic and stylish: they're also built to last for years. Now, longevity might not be your primary concern as you shop for your living room centre piece, but given the findings of a recent survey by Home Insurers, eSure, which polled 3000 homeowners about the state of their sofas, perhaps it should be. During the course of a lifetime, your favourite sofa takes one hell of a beating. Doesn't it make sense therefore, to choose a Chesterfield sofa – one that's renowned for its pedigree, resilience and durability?
· The average life expectancy of a sofa is 8 years, 1 month and 8 days. Traditional Chesterfield sofas can last a lifetime.
· The average sofa will witness 293 arguments, 1,300 cuddles and suffer 1,600 spills during its lifetime.
· The centre piece of your home will play host to the backsides of 782 visitors, and will withstand 391 lads' nights and 293 girl's nights in.
· A sofa will double as a bed for 489 visitors during its lifetime, and be slept on by one household member for 293 nights following a domestic spat.
· The sofa is the place where family members gather for over 4 hours every day.
· The average child will lose 4 toys a month down the back of the sofa and 3 socks or other random items of clothing.
· Owners will discover money inside the sofa up to 3 times a month and this could add up to £176.04 during the course of a sofa's lifetime.
· The average sofa has wine spilt on it once a fortnight, and tea or coffee three times a week.
· Children will on average drop food on the sofa 72 times each year. Their parents aren't much better, dropping some of their dinner up to 6 times a month.
· The average sofa is subject to a staggering 1,663 spills over its lifetime, yet 87% of the people who responded would never consider getting it cleaned or re-covered.
· The average sofa withstands a child jumping up and down on it 587 times during its useful life.
So, when you do go out shopping for that all-important piece of furniture, remember Chesterfield sofas are designed to last a lifetime and withstand all the rigours any average family can throw at them. Whether you choose a traditional leather Chesterfield, or a more modern fabric-covered Chesterfield sofa, there's one thing you can guarantee and that's that your trusty Chesterfield sofa will be around far longer than 8 years.