Help your teen decorate her room with few teen decor tips and teen decorating strategies. Teen decor is an expression of your daughter's personality.
Start by making the project fun. Use this as a bonding and getting to spend time together experience. This is one time when throwing off the Mom hat and putting on the Friend fun hat works! Let her brain storm and listen to her input. Giving in to her desires within reason, as it is your home, will earn you big brownie points.
Brainstorm. Go shopping together. Rummage through magazines. Keep a folder of colors and styles she likes. Scan the internet for ideas and tips on teen decorating. Google custom teen bedding or custom teen bedding keywords. Look through teen decorating sites gallery photos. Focus on key design elements. One awesome piece can be the inspiration for a beautiful room.
Once you'll settled on colors, style… dive in. Make a list of the important items you want to include. Things to consider:
1. What type of furniture do you want? Keep it comfy. Make a hangout for your friends.
2. How will you arrange the furniture? Experiment with different arrangements. This can make or break a room.
3. Window treatments? Valances, panels etc..
4. Flooring? Add throw rugs
5. Wall decor ideas Will you use a collection of items? Photo magnet board are trendy now. Bulletin boards. String a clothesline of photos…Vinyl wall are monograms for that preppy sophisticated look. And of course… paint selection. This will make your room come alive!
6. Bedding This is my specialty! As the bed is where you will spend the most of your time, make this super comfortable. Spend the money on the mattress toppers etc. Very popular for teens now are duvet covers as it allow girls the ability to easily clean their bedding (spills, stains) and select their insert requirements. Some girls love warmth and down while others like light airy bedding. Online sites such as mine allow girls the ability to pick their own fabrics and duvet design style. A most important ingredient is comfort. Bomb the bed with cozy pillows. Add a custom headboard for warmth, style and transformation of a standard bed frame into a furniture looking beauty.
Enjoy this experience as you grow stronger together. Working towards a common goal always strengthens a bond. Once the room is complete, make it a point to kick back and spend time hanging out in your new joint creation.
Putting your plan into play. Select a time when you are not rushed. Get mentally and physically ready. Go for it. Start the transformation. Take before and after photos.
Enjoy the process together. Your little girl is growing up. Create beautiful memories.